* John F. Kennedy, “Commencement Address at American University,” June 10, 1963 http://www.jfklibrary.org/j06163.htm; V. D. Sokolovskii, Soviet Military Strategy (Englewood Cliffs, N.J.: Prentice-Hall, 1963), 149; originally published in the Soviet Union in 1962 under the title Military Strategy. In his speech Kennedy substituted ellipses in the main part of the quotation offered here. Here we quote from the same passage, replacing the ellipses with the actual text.
* Ronald Steel, Pax Americana (New York: Viking Press, 1967), 16–17, 268, 336.
* Chalmers Johnson, The Sorrows of Empire: Militarism, Secrecy and the End of the Republic (New York: Henry Holt, 2003), 1.
* Ronald Steel, Pax Americana (New York: Viking Press, 1970), 334.
* Harry Magdoff and Paul M. Sweezy, “Pox Americana,” Monthly Review, 43: 3 (July–August 1991), 1–13.