Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Pageviews last month

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Humphrey Bogart (1899-1957) quotes




























They'll nail anyone who ever scratched his ass during the National Anthem.

A hot dog at the ball park is better than steak at the Ritz.


All you owe the public is a good performance.

I came out here with one suit and everybody said I looked like a bum. Twenty years later Marlon Brando came out with only a sweatshirt and the town drooled over him. That shows how much Hollywood has progressed.

I made more lousy pictures than any actor in history.

People who don't drink are afraid of revealing themselves”

If a face like Ingrid Bergman's looks at you as though you're adorable, everybody does. You don't have to act very much.

I was born when you kissed me. I died when you left me. I lived a few weeks while you loved me.

You're not a star until they can spell your name in Karachi.

The only point in making money is, you can tell some big shot where to go.

The only reason to have money is to tell any SOB in the world to go to hell.

The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind.

The whole world is about three drinks behind.

Things are never so bad they can't be made worse.

"Well everybody in Casablanca has problems. Yours may work out."
Casablanca

“We didn't exactly believe your story, Miss O'Shea, we believed your 200 dollars.”

The Maltese Falcon

"It doesn't take much to see that the problems of three little people doesn't add up to a hill of beans in this crazy world."

Casablanca

"Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine.
Casablanca

No comments: